- We got a dog, Rascal
- I am NEARLY through my first go at the 12 steps of Celebrate recovery
- I have learned that I have a GARDENERS heart
- I have upped (as I said I would) my modeling
- I got a new job at a boutique gym close to home
- I have kept lifting, gained muscle
- Mack and I have continued to work on our marriage, we celebrated 2 years in June (yay!!)
Walking through an open door:
I have struggled a bit this summer with my "off season" look...
meaning, I was looking like I was on OFF season, when I don't WANT to look like that, nor do I believe that. Last figure show I did was October 2013 and as it often seems to fall, holidays follow as does weight gain for me and a look of OFF season. If it's a lifestyle, I shouldn't yo-yo (10 lbs) like I do. But I have been doing fasted cardio, working hard and really keeping my food in check.
When an opportunity came to me, to audition for an ADIDAS print add for a "fit runner" I hemmed and hawed about it. Was I FIT? Was I fit ENOUGH?? In October yeah, but NOW? NO. But at the last minute, I submitted my name. The slots were full. I felt relieved, I was CERTAIN I would show up and be embarrassed.
I shared this with the woman at the modeling agency and she quickly said that I WAS indeed fit enough, that competitors usually have a skewed view of what "fit" is... I did indeed. And I passed up an open door that I let my skewed self image see as a doorway to embarrassment or ridicule.