Wednesday, September 30, 2009
- Improve our blogs readability
- Increase traffic
- Maximize the technical aspects of our blog and
- Gives us general advice on the best way to use our blog so it is top notch!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Why I workout:
- To do better, feel better and look better than yesterday.
- So that I will never have to wonder if I stopped working out cuz I got old or if I got old cuz I stopped working out.
- I have to, unless I want to buy a whole new wardrobe.
- Because I declare that I will NEVER have heart problems or cardiovascular problems from not.
- Because I like the way it makes my legs look and on that same note...
- It keeps my tattoo's the size they were when I got them!
- Because I am capable of more than I can even Imagine...and once I imagine that then the bar moves higher!
- Because I am called to run the race that is set before me, not sit my way through life.
- I am fluid with mind like water and water flows...constant movement.
- Because it is in me to better myself!
Monday, September 28, 2009
And this past week I did not get enough. And that is to say it lightly. When I don't get enough, things begin to unravel at the seams. I forget words and my life becomes a streaming game of charades, I forgo other healthy habits like drinking water because I am drinking jet-fueled espresso drinks, and I get crabby. Life is never good, for anyone when I am crabby.
Lately I have been envying people who are morning people and who get up early and check off things on their to do list before I hit the snooze once. I have always struggled to get up early, in my twenties I blamed my upbringing, I blamed my alarm clock, I blamed my metabolism, and I blamed my rowdy cats. Till one day my mother, the beautifully wise woman she is told me that what I needed was discipline to get to bed earlier, not get up earlier. A light bulb went on and I tried it: Success!! Here are some of my tips to keep you’re trip to dream land delish!
- Don’t drink alcohol before bed
- Don’t drink excess water before bed
- Set a sleep/wake routine and stick to it
- Don't workout at least 3 hours before bed
- Don’t watch TV, eat or do other things in bed.
- Bed is for sleep and one other entertaining nighttime activity.
- (my own personal tip:) lock kitties out at least a few times a week!
This week I am on a renewed mission to take care of my body and get enough rest!! I am also going to try going to bed very early to reset my internal clock once again!
This dappled light is what I get to see when I am up bright and early!! It is peaceful and I need more of it!
Tell me, do...what time do YOU get to bed and what do you see as the benefits?
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
- Your charm will be made with a custom cut sterling silver disc which has been hand cut, polished and stamped with the name or word of your choice.
- Standard charms can accommodate up to seven letters. Larger charms can be made for longer words. We can also stamp two lines per charm if you choose.
- The charms you see in the pictures are just ideas for you. We can make any word, on any charm- on any necklace or bracelet!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Instead of roasted peanuts, I used roasted cashews. I have been on a cashew kick lately and I LOVE them. I have been putting them in everything and even dumping them on my apple sauce or the Haagen Dazs Five if I splurge!
I LOVED chopping and tossing and prepping the salad, but the REAL fun came with the dressing. The closest I have ever come to making my own dressing was a Raspberry Lime and oil mixture I threw in a bottle and shook up. It was good, but little to no culinary effort. This was something I felt that I could be proud of!
The brownish granular stuff is the Sucant, a dry unprocessed granular sugar cane product made from concentrating, evaporating, and drying sugar cane juice. It was very good!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
it was 6am when the stars stopped falling
but we had just begun, coming home
to the hibernating house in the bluffs
shuffling back in our winter wear
wine ruled our veins.
Spilling from the sky we sparkle and collide
milky downy kisses as we try to hide
deep in the quilted cave we hear
church bells chasing the twilight away.