Still you can do something at home! Whether you pop in a great workout DVD or whether you jog in place to the beat of your own drum, kill the couch potato routine and try this rainy day workout:
Move through the exercises one right after the other and rest for 60 seconds when complete. Repeat series 3-5 times.
- Warm up with 60 seconds of jumping jacks.
- Move into Mountain Climbers and do one set of 30
- Do 20 regular push-ups or if you need to modified pushups (from the knee)
- Do 20 burpies with pushup (this is droping down to a push up position, doing the push up and then jumping the feet back together and standing.) A modified burpie would be just droping down, jumping back into push up position and skipping the push up. Jump the feet together and stand.
- Do 20 squat jumps (be SURE that your knees are not coming out farther than your toes. If they are, stick that booty back a little bit farther when you come down.)
- End by jump roping for 1 minute.
For more inspiration online visit Hulu or youtube and search for exercise videos. Add new moves and grooves to your day and spice up your routines! It's a great way to get a quick work out in without going out!