This can be in the form of:
- Passive agressive behavior
- Consistent negative thinking
- Creating or inviting drama
- Confrontation with no intention of resolution
- Nagging, Nay-saying and being a relentless Debby downer
- Chronic blame shifters
- Crossing Boundaries despite our attempted enforcement
Their inability to change is not your fault. If you engage in this or nearly any debate with them, they will lead you on a wild goose chase. So how can we deal with those that are a permanent fixture in our lives? If you are able to pin-point the behavior that is toxic for you, you should confront them with it and create a boundary surrounding it. I will talk more creating those boundaries and moving forward more later...
This is a long one!! So I am splitting it up, come back for Toxic People part two tomorrow.... Cheers!