- Your charm will be made with a custom cut sterling silver disc which has been hand cut, polished and stamped with the name or word of your choice.
- Standard charms can accommodate up to seven letters. Larger charms can be made for longer words. We can also stamp two lines per charm if you choose.
- The charms you see in the pictures are just ideas for you. We can make any word, on any charm- on any necklace or bracelet!
Friday, September 25, 2009
FIRST!! I need to say thank you to the deeply and importantly talented designer, Ms. Jenna Bowar for creating my NEW LOGO!! Simple, hip, very much my style, I am so happy to debut it today!! You can check out her other work HERE! and give her a jingle if you need design work!
Five months ago, a friend who knew I enjoyed writing suggested to me that I start a blog. I said, "Meh, that's not really something I see myself doing." But I had never really LOOKED at a blog before, save for Sally's GEM of a fashion blog at Already Pretty. This fit girl needs some SERIOUS matchy-matchy help. Still, I know I have something to say just like so many people out there. I feel my voice is distinct, empathetic and clear and if you met me in person you would learn--it is also loud.
So I did it, I started a blog. It didn't take me long to think of a name. The sass and spunk in the phrase FIT THIS! and its similarity to fitness was the tongue in cheek fun I was looking for and the girl? Girl that just had to get tagged on. So, this mouthy, receptionist with an affinity for animal print clothes, a pink bedroom and an addiction to coffee is saying what she has to say. I am calling the shots and calling myself a writer, finally! I can say that with a smile and with authority....
I am a writer.
I love fitness.
I want to encourage and help other busy, hungry, sleep deprived, mouthy women (regardless of occupation) who loves fitness. Those who are eking out workouts after the kids are in bed or before a busy day at the office, those women who seek to have a balance with food and fitness. Who are searching for meaning in what they do and how they live. I want to encourage these sugar and spice women to be true to THEIR voice they know is there and powerful. That is why I am here. Once I started writing and posting, it was the most natural thing in the world!! An edgy fun, DIY place to write and get out there. And here I am , at the 100th post--I am SO excited!
AND SO FINALLY...... My first Giveaway!! (GIVEAWAY OFFICIALLY CLOSED) I am thrilled to say that the lovely gals over at I Declare Charms are offering up one lucky winner a necklace of her choice!! They sent me one with my phrase of choice on it: "For the love of the run, 13.1" because at the end of the day for me it comes down to the LOVE of the RUN. My times will fluctuate, my weight could change, my knees may give, my workouts sometimes come second to life, but I do over and over. I do it because I love it.
If you don't know about I Declare Charms, here's a little info:
So, here is how you ENTER TO WIN!
2 Required Entries
1. Visit I Declare Charms and have a look around! Leave a comment and let me know your favorite charm style or coolest item you saw!
2. Become a follower of Fit This, Girl!
Additional Entries! (up to 4 MORE!)
1. Tell me what inspires you in life!
2. Leave a comment letting me know what you would like to see
MORE of or new on the blog!
3. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet this Giveaway using:
@fitthisgirl 100th post giveaway! Visit http://bit.ly/1nCoUY for chance to enter and win!
4. Mention this giveaway on your blog and link back here!!
~Individual comments for each entry. Each comment is one entry.
The Winner will be selected by Comment number using an amazing random generating number machine and announced next Thursday, October 1st at 7pm Central time!! Almost a FULL week, so pass on the word and THANK YOU for reading and stopping in. Your support and words of encouragement mean the world to me and Good Luck!!