And this past week I did not get enough. And that is to say it lightly. When I don't get enough, things begin to unravel at the seams. I forget words and my life becomes a streaming game of charades, I forgo other healthy habits like drinking water because I am drinking jet-fueled espresso drinks, and I get crabby. Life is never good, for anyone when I am crabby.
Lately I have been envying people who are morning people and who get up early and check off things on their to do list before I hit the snooze once. I have always struggled to get up early, in my twenties I blamed my upbringing, I blamed my alarm clock, I blamed my metabolism, and I blamed my rowdy cats. Till one day my mother, the beautifully wise woman she is told me that what I needed was discipline to get to bed earlier, not get up earlier. A light bulb went on and I tried it: Success!! Here are some of my tips to keep you’re trip to dream land delish!
- Don’t drink alcohol before bed
- Don’t drink excess water before bed
- Set a sleep/wake routine and stick to it
- Don't workout at least 3 hours before bed
- Don’t watch TV, eat or do other things in bed.
- Bed is for sleep and one other entertaining nighttime activity.
- (my own personal tip:) lock kitties out at least a few times a week!
This week I am on a renewed mission to take care of my body and get enough rest!! I am also going to try going to bed very early to reset my internal clock once again!
This dappled light is what I get to see when I am up bright and early!! It is peaceful and I need more of it!
Tell me, do...what time do YOU get to bed and what do you see as the benefits?