3) I am not too far off from being a crazy cat lady. I have had 5 cats in my lifetime, one of which I only had for 2 days before I called the woman I got her from and said "You have to take this cat back." She asked, "Did you take the black one or the CRAZY one." Which do you think lady? If I had a house or even an extra room, I would get a baby kittie and prolly a dog of some kind. I would really like a brindled great dane & name him Jules, after Jules Winfield from Pulp Fiction.
5) I am growing my hair long for three reasons: 1) for when I get married someday and I can be a long haired polyester bride 2) so I can wear 2 long braids flapping behind me as I drive, in a leather top, on a motorcycle someday. Ahem. And finally 3) so when I am sick of long, I can get it dreaded and then bounce around the room for 20 min with my BOINGY new hair.
6) I knit. I have made hats, scarves, mittens, one sock, one full sweater and one that is 3/4 of the way done! I used to meet with a knit group every week to get together and knit, eat and chat. It was a wonderful time to just be with other creative women! When I started all my work was a backwards jumbled mess and I am proud and happy to say that I can knit, even hard things like cables:
7) My Bachelors degree is in English Literature and Biblical Studies. I switched my major from English Ed because I didn't want to get up for 8 am School Health and Drug. I was a wee bit short sighted. All my profs told me I should be a writing major, but I said no, because if I was a lit major, my writing would improve by reading great writers. Someday I will get my MFA in Creative Writing.
8) The first 2 miles are the hardest. For me, the first two miles of a run, any run are the hardest. They can easily be my slowest, I always want to stop and walk, I wonder why I am out there. Something about the first two miles is very hard for me. Looking back in high school, it was no wonder I didn't LOVE running the way I do now. My cross country race was 2 miles! Racing was always felt so tough and defeating and I often didn't give it my all in practice because of that. I wish I would have know the JOY of the 6-10 miles!!
9) I would LOVE to be a swinging stay at home Mom someday. I have enough energy, ideas and love to rear and mold at least 5 little mini Mary's--scared?? :) I have a lot of great plans, hopes and dreams, but am really looking forward to being the fun Mom who teaches her kids fun important things, takes them on exciting and exotic field trips to Cub foods and is generally the awesomest Ma I can be. Now...for the right guy... hopefully one who will put up with my bad taste in music.
10) Water is a daily and weekly struggle for me. I give myself until noon everyday to drink as much coffee as I want and then I switch over to water. Usually I have to drink some mineral water or carbonated flavored water to ease into it. Somedays I don't make it and have MORE coffee in the afternoon, then I end up chugging water in the late afternoon and evening and am up all night with trips to the bathroom! Egads!! On a good day I drink between 65-80 ounces of water. When I am working out I will aim for 90-100 and I won't talk about the bad days.
Thanks for reading and letting me indulge! Thanks again to Healthy Loser Gal for the award and for giving me this chance!!