- I often try to eat as little processed food as possible (doesn't always work!)
- I try to eat at home and save money and waste
- I buy organic and support local producers by eating at places like Common Roots and Shopping at The Wedge Co-op
- I have dabbled in going nearly meatless, love veggie options and think that meat should be more of a side dish to the main dish (like steak on a salad or chicken in a stir fry.) But I do eat and love meat.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Yay for Friday nights with friends!
Tonight I am hanging out with Nicole! She is a great friend and we have a lot in common when it comes to health and fitness! Her gym visits put me to shame, she is so good about going and loves the classes. And we have discovered that when she drops me off from hanging out we end up talking for over an hour-- we need a curfew!
This is Jenna, Me and Nicole out for sushi!
We are having an early night in at my place to watch Food Inc. We have both wanted to see it for a while and are both not sure what to expect! Have YOU watched it?
I am interested in the movie because:
For supper, ironically I had left over steak salad! And am treating myself to a diet vanilla pepsi! I NEVER Drink pop. I figured I should get it in before I watch the movie and never want one again!
Legs Do it Update: I didn't get my strength training routine done last night, DOH! So after the movie, I am going to have at it. The Legs Do it Challenge is in full effect--can you FEEL it?
Heart disease is not something that affects just men! Coronary heart disease which causes heart attacks, is the leading cause of death for women in America. BUT, we can prevent it by changing our lifestyle and keeping these risk factors under control:
Go Red For Women celebrates the energy, passion and power we have as women to band together to wipe out heart disease and stroke.
- Blood Pressure
- Smoking - don't do it!
- Physical Activity - DO do it!
- Over use of Alcohol
And don't forget to wear red when you go out (or stay in!) tonight-- spread the word and spread the love! Here is what I am sporting to work in support!
My cousin passed on this video and I wanted to share, today especially. It is SUCH an inspiration
and it shows that you can be heart healthy AND fit at any age!
Remember YOU can do anything you want &
are more capable than you think!