I have been a victim to time. There are days when I feel like I don't have time to run or workout, at the end of the day, I run out of time to straighten or send that important email. But one way to aim for getting 30-40 min of life maintenance every day is to use a timer and take 10 minutes on each of 3 or 4 goals.
Pick your goals:
1) De-cluttering or organizing
2) Fitness/ health
3) Social media /correspondence
4) Home projects/ other projects
Then get your kitchen timer or watch and set it for 10 minutes and get to work. If you spend just 10 uninterrupted minutes on each goal, you will be astounded at the progress you can make. For instance, take 10 minutes and :
- Pick up everything that is in the wrong room and take it to the right room!
- Go through your closet/medicine cabinet/ fridge/toy box and purge the old, broken and unneeded.
- Sort that stack of papers... then learn to DRAFT (Discard, Refer, Act, File or Table)
- Sit on the couch with your favorite magazine...making time to do nothing is important too!
- Get on the floor and do an AB workout!
- Hang up your stray clothes ( you KNOW what I mean...if you don't, come to my house, I'll show you!)
- Pack your lunch, cut up extra veggies for the week, cook up chicken breasts to freeze
- Squat, lunge and do jumping jacks for 10 min (or till you can't!)
- Reply to emails, clean out your in box, catch up with a friend on FB!
- BLOG! ;)