Friday, June 4, 2010

Ready for Race day: Chester Woods 10 mile

Don't forget to go over to Facebook and enter my current giveaway to win a Yogoco Yoga bag with just a comment!  The details are in Friday morning's post--it's a short giveaway, done on Monday!

I am all set for my race tomorrow! It is my first official TRAIL RACE and I am SO excited. It's the Chester Woods 10 mile Trail run. I packed my clothes and some snacks for the race--I am bringing trusty dried papaya spears, golden raisins, Chia, a pack of Gu, hydration belt and my trusty heart covered race hat incase of rain.  I also have pants for after and 2 different tops incase! 


I am going to do an official, official review of my Pearl Izumi's after the race, but home they don't get covered in...you guessed it: MUD. There is a 40 % chance of rain, but I am hoping for 60% AWESOME for the run. 


Shoes and FitSok's Ready, aim, RUN! 


Since I am heading home to God's country in Southern Minnesota, I am bringing my sweet Coolibar shade hat, and plan to rock it in the car on the way down and back, but no country music for this small town girl! 


For a slightly different LOOK, I got my headshot back from Little Bean Photography! A number of Minneapolis bloggers came together a while back and had a networking day (you can read the recap of that weekend HERE!) where we mingled, met, ate and drank and got our photo's taken! Mine turned out good... 



Thank you SO much Ellissa, you are an amazing woman! 



Ok, back to business. My 10 mile PR is 1:35, and I know I am close if not under that based on the last half marathon I ran. Since running trails and possibly in the rain will take more effort and time than a road race, I am shooting for: 

 1:49 officially, 1:45 unofficially. 

In all honesty, I am just excited to run and a time goal is just a minor goal for tomorrow. I want to finish in one piece and have fun! Recap will come early next week.

 Have a wonderful weekend and HAPPY Trails!! 



Yogoco Facebook Giveaway!

Every time I do yoga and stretching for muscle strengthening & flexibility, I wonder why I don't do it more!! There is a yoga studio about 4 blocks from me and offered where I work and teach, there is no excuse. After my session with Ann at Bliss Yoga I am more adamant about doing it weekly! It  is SO good for us and for all athletes so we can have a well rounded training and fitness experience!

Stretching regularly will :

  • Increase your flexibility
  • Lengthen your muscles & reduce muscle tension
  • Prevent future injury
  • Increase range of motion in joints
  • Result in more efficient training
When we are more flexible and have less muscle tension, we will move with ease and more naturally. This will mean we will have less risk of injuring ourself in our lives and fitness endeavors. We will have greater results, become faster and more efficient when we increase our flexibility!


And it's relaxing....



The amazing folks over at Yogoco sent me a great Yoga bag to review and to give away!! THANKS to Avi, the creator and owner of Yogoco for this beautiful bag, I am so excited for one lucky reader to win it!! 






The bag has 2 pockets, one large one for your yoga bag, and one smaller one for your yoga towel, socks, shoes or whatever you need! The ends are mesh so your gear is allowed to breathe and air out. The bag is a heavy cotton material made mostly from recycled materials.  

A fully functional, very stylish, easy to use, eco-friendly and sustainable Yoga bag, that holds everything you need for a Yoga session, keeps your mat aired even when the mat section is closed, will take a 26" wide mat and the inside is fully wipeable. -Yogoco.com



The zipper and handle are heavy duty--this bag is ready for your wear and tear!  The handle is fully adjustable & there is a large inner pocket for your phone, wallet and keys! 




Here is the fun part, we are doing this giveaway on Facebook!! Click HERE to go to the Fit this Girl Facebook Page and simply comment on the Photo of the bag to win! 

The contest is open from Friday night June 4th till Monday June 7th, at NOON! No comments past 6/7 Noon will be counted. A winner will be announced on Facebook and twitter Tuesday morning, so be sure and become a fan so you can see the winner and all the great discussions on FB! This contest is open to those in Canada and the Continental US only, you must have a valid email address to contact you. The Winner will be selected by Comment number using an amazing random generating number machine.

Good Luck and Happy stretching!



Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

Although Mary from Fit this girl is a CPT, always consult your physician or health care provider before beginning any nutrition or exercise program. Use of the programs, advice, and information contained in this website is at the sole choice and risk of the reader.