Stages of Becoming a normal Eater:
1) You distinguish between physical and emotional hunger and start making appropriate matches.
2) You begin to get in touch with your feelings and begin to honor them.
3) You learn to stop eating at satisfaction rather than full, and you feel light at the end of a meal.
4) You no longer deprive yourself of any food, and you experience more pleasure and satisfaction with eating than ever before.
5) Your life begins to change dramatically and this may feel very chaotic and upsetting. You may eat to help cope. You may gain some weight, temporarily, before you lose weight permanently.
6) You learn to judge yourself less and less, and you learn how to encourage and support yourself more and more.
7) You notice that you spend a lot less time thinking about food. You are learning to trust your body.
8) Because you are listening and honoring your feelings, and listening to and honoring your body, you are eating less and less frequently for emotional reasons. This is a gradual change.
9) Your body begins to shrink, mostly when you aren't looking. One day you notice your clothes are all loose. This happens fastest when your focus is on listening to and trusting your body and yourself rather than when your focus is on weight loss.
10) One day you realize that your body has stabilized. You can eat exactly what you want when you are hungry and your weight fluctuates only slightly. You look & feel and hardly ever think about food except when your body is hungry.