9) Use your FEAR: I always saw fear as failure, I saw it as weakness, but fear is just another step to where you are going. We can embrace our imperfections, our fears, acknowledge them and take the power back into our own hands. We mold a step that takes us to the next level, use your fears to move forward: they are either true or false, but either way, they can be turned around for good!
8) FIND your successes: success creates momentum! Write them down somewhere even if just in a little notebook for your own eyes, that you DID what you said you would, that you were successful! When you SEEK to find your successes you will encourage yourself, so when you need that boost, you can go back and see what you have done, what you KNOW you can do again.
7) FOCUS on right reasons: ALWAYS go after goals for the right reasons!! Be true to your own self and don't let corrupt reasoning in! In the end, what you dream of and desire can not be to please others. It could be to help them, it SHOULD be to encourage and love them, but not to please them. We are out to please God, so if your dreams are on track with his will, go after them and do it with love, integrity and pure reasons!
6) Take REST: Go to sleep early, take a day off of training and time to relax and rest, it's good for the mind and the spirit. You can not draw from an empty well, so refill your self with rest to be your best!
5) Don't sacrifice what you need: Obligations, other people, projects, dishes etc....they will always be there. I know that when they are there, they can clamor and demand attention. Don't sacrifice your priorities for all this external clamor. Need to read your bible? But the Voicemail on...Need to get a run in? Drop the kids at your Mom's for an hour...need to get healthy meals made? Make it a POINT to get to the store...press pause to get done what needs to get done for you.
4) PLAN to WIN: If we plan to win, we will be prepared for our BEST game, our BEST performance, our BEST day!! Why plan any other way? Reread the quote at the top of the blog, even failures are stepping stones to the win, if we use them the right way!! Simply plan to win and in the end all your little plans will add up to the big WIN! For now, AIM HIGH, but only if you really want it....
3) Take the leap: "Well done is better than well said..." Ben Franklin said that. If you want to DO something, do it, TAKE that leap! Better to show you mean business than to talk about it! Want to change? DO! Want to try new things? TRY! Take the leap, the net will appear and you will not be sorry!
2) Don't wait: There really is no time like the present. When we wait for PERFECT circumstances there will never be any...imperfect moments add up to perfect memories when we take the risk and move forward! Don't wait, today is the day to say, "YES..."
1) Focus on God: I am sure I have many readers who are not as interested in a life of faith as I am, but God is active in all of our lives! Some of us talk to him daily, some when we need help, others never... but he is there. If you seek him, you will find him. If you need him, he will be there when you call....if you focus on him: on loving him, on lifting him up, on his goodness, it's a game changer....you can sit at his feet and love and RECEIVE LOVE and overcome obstacles, achieve goals and get ahead in life, but simply RESTING there in your focused time with him.