It's that time of year where people need a BOOST: to get to the gym, to put down that cookie, to stick to their plan! How do you get up in the dark, when it's cold? Sure you don't WANT TO. Gotta be honest, NO ONE WANTS TO at first.
Habits are the stepping stones to motivation. Its rare we wake up and jump right into a workout routine that we love and feel amazing at. But little by little we go far. What if you waited to feel motivated to go into your job? How long would it be? A week, a month--you wouldn't have a job left to go to! We form habits, get up, get coffee, go to work. Day in and day out. Money is a great motivator for that and habits formed that produce RESULTS are the driving force behind motivation.
- get a partner to help you. Form habits together and insist that you stick to them.
- be realistic. start small. Pack that gym bag and aim for 2 weeks at the gym. 3 days is a bonus.
- keep your word to yourself. just like your boss at your job knows you are trustworthy to show up, be your own BOSS and show up for what you planned.
- just do it today. Don't worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow you can worry about your habits for that day.
- this is about YOU. Your life, your health, your strength, your longevity, your example to your kids. This isn't about an event, your spouse or even your "haters" who think you can't do it.
"absolutely not, I pay no attention to it. To admit I listen to any critic, to say it affects me in anyway would basically be admitting I am mentally weak. My motivation, my fire burns so hot and so deep from within, there is no way in hell some random person and their opinions could ever affect me."